Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sheiko Week 1 Day 3

This workout was looong. It took a little over 2 hours but I guess I have to get used to this.
Deadlift

warmup
185 x 3
225 x 5, 5
260 x 3, 3
275 x 3, 3, 3

Bench
warmup
105 x 5
125 x 5
135 x 4, 4, 4, 4

Dips
BW x 5 x 8

Deadlift from knees
The blocks I used set the bar up about 1/2 an inch below my knee caps. Not sure if this is the right height to pull from.
185 x 3
225 x 4, 4
260 x 3, 3
295 x 3, 3, 3 - belted the last set; I felt my lower back rounding on the last 2 sets. I was consciously thinking about keeping an arch but my lower back was so tired by this time that I couldn't.

Nathan, does this mean the max I'm using is too high? Or will my lower back strength gradually develop throughout the program?

Lunges
95 x 5 (per leg)
115 x 4 x 5

4 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

shortest. workout. ever.

Vit said...

haha turns out it's actually the complete opposite

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Your work capacity will improve. I remember the first time I did a program that was based on Russian training I couldn't ever finish all the reps. Now I can add more to my training and finish them all.

Nathan Beckmann said...

I wouldn't say so. Keep going with the current maxes. Just keep focusing on good form, and if you need to, put the belt on earlier so you aren't too gassed. You should notice a gradual improvement as the cycle progresses, though.