Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Squat

First day of training over at Seattle Strength and Power. Amazing gym, with a set up much like Olympia Barbell (i.e. basement). Bands, chains, boxes, all the bars you could want - they have it all. The walls are lined with trophies and pictures of their record lifts. It's a great place and I'll post pictures here later.

Squat
405 x 5
425 x 5
455 x 3, 2 sets

Three USAPL judges train there and commented that my squats were deep enough. Apparently, I was just at parallel on the first rep, but buried all the others. I think I may be a bit too hesitant. I ordered some Versus lifting shoes so hopefully they come in time for next week's squat workout.

SS-Bar box squat:
13" box (measured); no belt
145 x 8
195 x 8
225 x 8
245 x 8

Lower back felt a bit exhausted from the squatting so I didn't push it on these. Focused mostly on working the adductors and hips. Also SS-bar seems to be great for the core, so I will probably stick with it for my beltless box squats.

Finished with a few sets of seated good mornings and reversed hyperextensions (w00t). Also, standing cable abs.

No comments: