Thursday, March 3, 2011

Deadlifts

Deadlifts...RRRRRRAW
375 x 5 @9
385 x 5 @9
These didn't feel good. After doing so much suited deadlifting I almost forgot how to setup for raw deads since my setup is different for suited deads.

Block pulls (weight stacked on a 50kg plate, 45lb bumper, and 25lb bumper)
375 x 3
385 x 3
395 x 3
These were set up right below my knee which I think is exactly where the bar slows down in my deadlift. The bar moves sooooooo slowly as I pick it up off of the blocks. Definitely need to get stronger here. Pretty gassed after these.

Zercher squats
135 x 8
185 x 8, 8

Lunges
135 x 5 per leg
165 x 5
185 x 5

Finished with 3 sets of ball rotations and stretching.
The back of my right shoulder hurts I think from a combination of the block pulls, deadlifting for the first time in a while, heavy shrugs earlier this week, and failing on multiple sets on squat and bench day. I was a little too anxious with the heavier weights this week getting back into this training cycle post-meet so I shouldn't be complaining. Anyways, tonight I will clean the sand out of my vag and tomorrow will do some heavy dumbbell rows.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Dont worry about the failure.

I think this cycle will be very beneficial to you... especially on deads, in B4 500

Greg said...

You're going ME right after a meet and you don't even have a comp. or anything coming up, you need to slow down YOUR LIFE. But definitely heavy dumbbell row is a must.