Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hooray for the Sciatic Nerve

I think I have a pinched sciatic nerve. Squats felt strong on monday, but i have shooting pain down one side of my leg. Today, I couldn't arch, as that kills, so I had to keep a flat back with my feet up, for the most part. We decided to call these "Trey Presses," in honor of Trey who never used his feet when he first started benching with us.

Trey Press:
Each set w/ a full pause at the bottom. I want to work on my pressing power off the chest, so I may start trying to pause every rep for all my sets.

265 x 5
245 x 5
255 x 5
265 x 5
265 x 5

Close Grip Pin Press:
(feet up)
315 x 5
365 x 4 + fail on 5th
365 x 4 + feet down for 5th (got pissed)
365 x 3 + feet down for 4 & 5 (too awkward with feet up)

Skull Crushers
120 x 10
150 x 10
170 x 5
170 x 5 + 120 x 10 (superset)

I had to get a spot up on the last 3 sets. Cleaning hurts baddddd. Even standing with the weight hurts. Bleh.

Decline Cable Flyes:
I focused on a full pause at the bottom. This made them a lot harder than I thought. I was surprised at how fatigued I became.

100 x 10
100 x 5 (wut?!)
80 x 5 (oh noes)
70 x 8
70 x 7
50 x 12
50 x 10

Off the chest seems to be a big weak point for me, so I want to build up my pec and should strength to match my triceps.


Did a few shoulder dislocates too (thanks Gary!) just to work on my flexibility.

5 comments:

Trey said...

hah! that's funny dave..


thanks for the shoutout; i'll check to see if the U.S. Patent Office is open tommorrow

Kyle said...

Hey Dave, do you want me to bring the fat dumbbell today for rows?

Brent Tanaka said...

kyle,
This is Dave. I'm logged into Brent's google account. Definitely do not bring the fat dumbbells today. They suck. Nobody needs to work on their grip until their deadlifts get to 700lbs like mine. That is all.

Kyle said...

LOL

Okay Dave.

Juggernaut, the said...

HAHAHAHA. I changed my mind. You should definitely bring them now.