Thursday, November 6, 2008

Deadlift: the new frontier

Paper deadline in 4 days. I'm only in these workouts 20% mentally. My brain feels like mush and my cold is getting worse.

Rack pulls:
8" blocks. Bar was maybe 4" below the knee?

495 x 3
535 x 3
585 x 3
615 x 3
665 x 3

Felt pretty good. Last set was hard, but didn't feel like I "barely got it." This has restored some confidence in my lockout work since I'm generally über quick off the bottom and rely on my speed to get the final few inches. Now I know I can lock out at least 665 from a dead stop.

Shrugs:
270 x 12
360 x 10
450 x 10
540 x 7
This last set was not one of prouder moments. I was so gassed from the block work that I couldn't get the bar up. Terrance and Brent helped me get it up so I could start shrugging :'(

Stiff-legged deadlifts:
(just for stretching)
205 x 10
255 x 10
255 x 10

Transverse:
57 x something
72 x something
72 x something + 40 second hold

3 comments:

Brent Tanaka said...

665 X 3 was smoked! And your farts sounded awesome... it was like a blow off valve.

Brent Tanaka said...

My lower back is way more sore (not in a painful way) than usual after lower back day. those block pulls are tough! also, my traps feel huge today.

Juggernaut, the said...

My lower back is a little sore, but not too bad. Strangely, I don't feel sore at all in my traps. I'm usually sore for a few days after we do those.