Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sheiko 37 week 2 Day 1

Went into 24 hour at 10 PM -_-
(RepxSet)




Squatz-
235x5
285x2x4
335x2x3
380x5x2 ( 80 % )

Bench-
165x5
195x4
225x2x3
260x6x2

DB side Raises-
5x10

Weighted Pushups-
5x10

Squats !-
265x3
335x3
355x4x3 tiredd

Good mornings-
225x5x5

Its kinda an ego buster to be only 5RMing 50lbs less than your true 5rm

but I'm really liking sheiko. the 3 days gives me more rest, my form is feeling way better, and oddly enough i'm feeling a little leaner..
heres a video of my final set of 380 from my first round of squats, critiques are welcome!!










6 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

Have you tried contacting David Bates (Eric Talmant's trainer)? I found him very responsive and helpful.

Jake Ceccarelli said...

If you're interested in Russian training, I highly recommend Science and Practice of Strength Training and various translated Russian Texts on weightlifting from sportivnypress.com

Is this your first round of Sheiko ever?

Scott Salomon said...

Welcome to the team and to the blog. Just a tip, separate your tags with commas.

Nick said...

I have heard a lot of good thing about Bates, he designed a very popular 13 week cycle, i definetly be contacting him.

this is my first cycle, I jumped straight into 37, because i felt I was ready, and I'm recovering pretty well, I'm still debating on doing 30 or 31 next, they look almost the same, and finishing with 32..

thanks everyone

Luke said...

Doesn't it hurt to squat with long hair? Are you gonna continue Sheiko after this cycle or do the same workouts we do?

Nick said...

It doesn't hurt! My Hairs to my ass almost, never really had problems.. I'm not sure what I'll do. By the time class starts there will just be the 6 weeks leading up to the comp.. I guess I'll really have to see if I like sheiko as much in 8 weeks.. I have no idea how ill respond.. Either way I'll still lift at 7