Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Quick Bench

Just back from Sweden and it feels good to train again. Had to keep this workout short though due to external time commitments.

Bench:
265 x 5
275 x 5, 5
265 x 5

Todd suggested dropping the weight some for my RE days in order to recover more. Given that 275 is around 85% of my max, I decided to try backing off more with lighter sets. We'll see how it works.

Push Press:
135 x 8
155 x 7, 8
185 x 5, 5

Apparently, I'm unusual in that I do these starting from a split stance, so the push press is just based on one leg's thrust. Less bar speed I guess, but everyone thought my form was good. I'm liking how these feel for my lockouts.

Finished with cable triceps and biceps. I can tell that I haven't been hitting triceps very hard lately (due to the elbow pain) as the extensions felt harder than I remembered. Need to work on that.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

How was Sweden? Was it like one giant Ikea store? Were there meatballs and lingonberries?

Juggernaut, the said...

Sweden was hot. Like 90s + 80% humidity. The Swedish don't believe in A/C either.

I had real trouble finding much traditional Swedish food. I had to go to the grocery store to find lingonberry anything. They do sell giant bags of meatballs there though.