Friday, July 30, 2010

Benching / Lockout-work

3-board:
365 x 3 @ 9
385 x 2 + 1f

Had a really bad spot on the second set, with a failed lift off, no help out, and a failed spot. I think I would have gotten the 3rd rep @10 had the liftoff gone smoothly. It was close though

Pin Press:
225 x 5 @ 8
245 x 5 @ 9
255 x 5 @ 10
235 x 5 @ 9+
225 x 5 @ 9+

I really wanted to work off-the-chest today so I managed to get the pins set up so it was maybe .5" off my chest. This is definitely a weakpoint for my raw bench as my lockout is significantly stronger. This pin set up felt right for working that position and my evident weakness shows. I will keep this in the rotation for the summer to see if I can make more progress.

Supersetted cable triceps with one arm rows with the 120s. Then I did curls up to the 60s and ghr abs. I'm starting to feel in better shape again after the post-meet lull.

No comments: