Sunday, July 11, 2010

My First Meet - Cal State Games

Well yesterday was an AWESOME experience and I’m super pumped to compete again in November. I actually got the bronze for the 181 weight class which was pretty cool. I over-anticipated the weight-in and woke up at 178. Better safe than sorry.


Squat:

1st attempt- 347lbs ( easy ) 3 white lights

2nd attempt- 385.7 lbs ( moderate ) 3 white lights

3rd attempt- 402.2 - No lift. Ran out of air a couple of inches out of the hole and felt my right leg give out.



Squat - 385.7


Bench:

1st attempt - 198.2 ( easy ) three white lights

2nd attempt - 209.2 ( not bad ) 2 white lights, 1 red light. Not sure but I think I sunk the bar a little after the press call.

3rd attempt - 220.2 ( semi-grinder ) three white lights. Happy with it, not my best but I wanted to make sure I got the 3 lifts for bench.


Bench Total - 220.2


Deadlift:

1st attempt- 418.7 ( easy ) three white lights

2nd attempt - 451.7 ( not too bad ) three white lights

3rd attempt - 473.7 PR!!! ( hard as a mofo ) extreme grinder but I got the three lights.


Deadlift - 473.7


Meet Total - 1079.6


Pretty happy w/ the result. I was kinda bummed I didn’t get the 402. I really thought I would get it. Longest day of my life but it was worth it. Thanks to Matt and Vit for driving my ass there and back. Thanks to Rainy for taking pictures and video clips. And thanks to Terrance for the hard slaps on the back. And of course, thanks to all of you who helped get me ADDICTED to this awesome sport. I’ll be taking this week off and playing as much soccer as I possibly can. Then I’ll be going back to lifting.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Good job Misael! Congrats on your first meet and deadlift PR.

Misael said...

Thanks man! And thanks again for the singlet!

Kyle said...

Yeah, no problem. I'll be down in LA in two weeks, so you can just return it to me then.