Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 10th Meet Results

2010 CA State Games
BW: 79.8kgs (175.6lbs)

Squat
286.5lbs -3 whites: didn't keep my core tight so this felt a little hard
308.5lbs -3 whites: came forwards slightly on the way up. ugly lift.
319.5lbs -no lift: came up with it and got stuck in the middle, strength wasn't there today

Bench
192.75lbs -3 whites: not too bad
203.75lbs -3 whites: slowed down a little after blasting it off the chest, making it hard
209.25lbs -3whites: more explosive off the chest on this one, went up a little slow

Deadlift
391.25 -3 whites: easy
424.25 -3 whites (4lb PR): struggled a little above the knees but grinded it out
435.25 -no lift: got stuck right above the knees

Total: 942lbs (40lb PR)

Overall pretty happy with the results. I was jittery throughout squats because my warmups were rushed and my nerves got the best of me on my 3rd attempt. Bench went pretty well. I initially planned on doing 209 on my second attempt, but I felt better making a smaller jump to ensure I got at least 203 in. May have been good for 429 on deadlifts, but I'm happy with the PR considering how tired I was by the time deads came around.

Big thanks to Rainie for supporting us and taking like 78 videos at the meet. Also big thanks to Matt for driving down 900 miles from Thousand Oaks to help out/support us.

4 comments:

Kyle said...

Nice lifting Vit!

Luke said...

nice meet PRs. Pretty good especially for your lower body weight. How did Misael do?

Misael said...

Screw 165. Lets get stronger at 181 Vit !

Vit said...

thanks guys...agreed Misael, I'd probably look like even more of a beanpole at 165 anyways lol