Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Feb 23



Pull Ups 3 1 3
Dips 3x8
Squat 1x5 @135 4x5 @145

I was super tired, i did this at midnight and wasn't feeling well

Today I was thinking I could get stronger if I envisioned myself like a really strong animal. The strongest I could think of is a whale. I mean their hearts are bigger than the circuit room. How could they not be strong. To pump myself up, I tried singing whale songs between sets, but people didn't enjoy me going MRUUUUUUUUUUU UUU UUUUU UUUUUU really loudly. I bet they would think differently if they were looking at a super strong WHALE!

Humorous Pictures
This cat is trying to be a super strong whale, but it's not really. It's just fat.

4 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

Why are you going in at midnight these days?

I like the dips as a substitute for bench if you are running out of time.

Given your adductor sprains, I was thinking it might be worth doing a cycle of lunges instead of squats to strengthen that part. Did it bother you at all today?

Vit said...

LOL whale songs

clay said...

It's really the only time I am able to get in there. By the time I get out of class at 6 and eat, its already 8 and I study til around 11 for midterms and stuff.

The dips have worked out a lot better for me I feel. The lack of a spotting partner plus how quick they are is really attractive. I also feel like they get me more tricep work which is good.

I was thinking about doing the lunges, and I'll probably start to throw them in now that you have mentioned them. But the reason I am still doing squats is with the lightened weight it really doesn't bother my adductors at all, plus its helping to teach me the right form. When I squatted with Dean last monday he was telling me that my knees cave in just a little bit on my ascent and I feel like that might have to do with my problems thus far

Juggernaut, the said...

If your knees are coming in, it might be due to the tightness in your adductors, which seem to have a tendency to get strained. Have you tried moving your stance in slightly to put less stress on them?

Keep up the work, even if it is at midnight. We can regroup next quarter when your class schedule looks better.