Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2/09 Chest, Shoulders, Arms

Floor Press: 205x8, 3
BTN Smith: 120x6, 4
Seated BB Curl: 95x7, 4
BB Tricep Extension: 95x12, 7

I've learned that I need to keep some extension movements in my training in order to keep my triceps up to par. The big presses are nice, but don't give me that extra attention my triceps need to grow. My floor presses are rising steadily, which is a very good sign for my bench. My short term goal is to hit at least 225x6 on the floor presses by the end of the quarter.

Dave, how would you recommend working in deadlifting? My lower back can only take about 1 intensive session a week as of now (takes about 5 days for full recovery), and I will be pulling sumo. Should I do it once per month in place of squats just to keep the strength and form there?

3 comments:

Vit said...

Fact: deadlifting is the number 1 exercise to increase chest-hair growth rate.

Juggernaut, the said...

I would at least try to do it twice a month. You don't need to go all-out in both sessions. Perhaps try 5 sets of 2 @ 80%. That should be possible on your sorest day, but if you feel good, move up the percentage.

Kyle said...

Ok, that sounds good to me. I'll work them in place of shrugs on thursdays every other week.