Saturday, February 20, 2010

02/20/10 Bench

Very happy with this workout. It was the first time since I have been recovering from my forearm injury that I put a decent load on it. In the beginning it hurt a little, but as I worked the pain subsided totally.

I measured the purples to take 125# off at my chest and 0# for the last inch or so of the lockout. The 315 ties a PR and considering I haven't benched heavy or worked on my lockout in a little while, im quite happy.

The standing OH pin press was an interesting movement and one I had never done before. I felt a good isolation in my front delts and triceps - my two week points in the bench.

By the time I got to the CG I was a bit spent so I opened up with 185. And as can sometimes happen with me I caught my "second wind" and as I continued the weight got easier so I was able to work up to 215.

Reverse Band Bench (purples at pin 6)

275 lbs x 5 reps x 1 sets @8
295 lbs x 5 reps x 2 sets @8
315 lbs x 5 reps x 1 sets @10
295 lbs x 5 reps x 1 sets @8.5
275 lbs x 5 reps x 1 sets @8

Standing OH Pin Press (Pin 3)

95 lbs x 8 reps x 1 sets @7
115 lbs x 6 reps x 1 sets @8
135 lbs x 5 reps x 1 sets @8.5
155 lbs x 5 reps x 2 sets @9
135 lbs x 5 reps x 1 sets @9

CG Bench (no pause)

185 lbs x 5 reps x 2 sets @8
205 lbs x 5 reps x 2 sets @8
215 lbs x 5 reps x 2 sets @8.5

I finished with some tricep pushdowns against a purple band and some band pull-aparts also against a purple.

2 comments:

Vit said...

Good to hear your forearm is getting better. For RTS training are you supposed to record your 'rate of perceived exertion' on your work sets?

Matt Buttimer said...

Thanks man. And yes you are right. I have been posting on Mike Ts site along with the RPEs. I guess I wasn't sure if it would matter if i did it here. But since you brought it up and Dave seems to be doing the same, I will do that now too.