Thursday, February 18, 2010

2/18 Back

HS Pullover: 270x11, 9
Lat Pulldown: 240x8
250x5 (Stack)
Yates Row: 205x10, 6
D-Bag Rows (as T-bone calls them): 2px10/10x3

The 1-arm t-bar rows apparently make me look like a total douche when I do them, but they feel quite effective at stimulating the lats and upper back. I will definitely be hammering these for the next couple of weeks.

In other news, I will be returning to THE SPLIT next quarter. I have learned much from my travels amongst the programs, and learned what was missing from THE SPLIT - week-to-week progression. I had no sense of what weight I should have been doing on a weekly basis. I have figured out how to plan this now (as well as what exercises are effective for me), and am looking forward to making big gains.

2 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Ya I basically do workout to workout progression. In the last 3-4 months or so the only weights I planned in advance were the weights I used 1-2 weeks before I maxed. Otherwise, I just pretty much try to beat the weight/sets/reps of the previous workout.

Kyle said...

Plus its a lot simpler. No need to worry about percentages or anything else, just add 5lbs and/or do an extra rep.