Friday, February 26, 2010

02/25/10 Deadlift/Lowers

Great workout today! Had a bad day yesterday getting back a poor grade on a midterm and was pretty bummed the rest of the day. It is funny how a great workout can make me forget it and feel soo good!

Had laid off deadlift movements the past 2 weeks due to just flat out being tired and a bit of lingering pain in my lower back. This proved to have been the right thing to do as I hit the deadlift off blocks hard and they have never felt easier!

The wide stance squats were a new exercise for me so I didn't go all out. I liked the exercise a lot and really worked my hips well. I could only hit just about parallel before the flexibility in my hips prohibited me.

Sumo Deadlift Off Blocks

443 lbs x 4 reps x 2 sets @ 8 RPE
463 lbs x 4 reps x 2 sets @ 8 RPE
483 lbs x 4 reps x 1 sets @ 8.5 RPE
483 lbs x 4 reps x 1 sets @ 9 RPE

Wide Stance Squats (Slight Pause)

185 lbs x 5 reps x 1 sets @ 7 RPE
225 lbs x 5 reps x 2 sets @ 8 RPE
245 lbs x 5 reps x 2 sets @ 8 RPE

Banded hamstring curls (green).

Banded hyper-extensions (blue).

Calves and Abs.

Total Workout Time: 1h40m

BW (post dinner): 190.8 (PR)

No comments: