Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wait, lunges again?

The original plan was to work up to a heavy single...
Squat:
135 x 10
185 x 1

My lower back still feels horrible. Shooting pains and what not. It's more than exhaustion, but not nearly as bad as when I tore/sprained it, or when I had that sciatica. Squatting feels fine as long as it's all legs, which isn't really not for me.

Since I couldn't use my lower back..
Lunges:
225 x 12
275 x 10
295 x 8
315 x 8

Hang cleans:
40 kg x 20
60 kg x 10
40 kg x 20, 2 sets

Tried to keep it light, work on explosiveness

Hamstring Curls:
120 x 12
130 x 12, 3 sets

Zerchers:
off the low pins for a change

135 x 10
225 x 8
315 x 8
405 x 5

These still kill my pecs from having to hold the weight...

Ball Twists:
3 sets of crap.

My lower back is permanently arched right now, so I could barely get the range of motion needed for these. I had terrence and ben help me stretch it out, but it is still so-so. The abs were still hard, which was good though.

Brent - are you going to be at 4-star on Saturday? Greg, Terrence and I were thinking of coming down.

8 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

How can you lunge 315 with you back so messed up?

Juggernaut, the said...

Lunges never hurt my back for some reason. They're my old go-to when my back feels like death. I high-bar it and just stay really upright.

Brent Tanaka said...

I will be there fosho. But I have to work a tennis tournament that day so I probably won't be there until the evening at around 6pm or so. Does this work for you guys?

Juggernaut, the said...

@Brent: Not sure. I think we had talked about going at 4, since that when I thought we went last time. I'll see what the other guys are up to. Can you just beat everyone at the tournament and call it a day?

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Can you front squat too, or have you tried? It might be a good option too since you should be able to front squat more than you lunge.

Brent Tanaka said...

Dave, I think I can get out of work early to meet you guys at fourstar at 4. Call me up!

Juggernaut, the said...

@Jake: I have been, but I didn't think to do it. We have a front squat harness, which is awesome for me. My shoulders get pretty bruised when I hit heavy weight for reps on front squat. I know it sounds like a personal problem, but the harness definitely helps that. If I had another week of training before the meet, I would probably do front squats.

@Brent: Sounds good. I'll give everyone a call and see if we can get down there around then. If you have to work late, no problem. Will the other guys be there?

Brent Tanaka said...

I think about 3 or so of the guys should be in there around 4. Saturday is kind of a freestyle day at the gym but I normally do some type of benching. Call me tomorrow if you guys want to switch the time, but 4 o clock works for me.