Friday, February 6, 2009

Club Status Update

I spoke with Jason (head Club Sports guy) today and he said we now have everything in. One thing he wanted to see was a list of teams and where they are located. I guess one of the criterion used to judge potential clubs is whether there are local inter-collegiate meets. The Cal State Collegiate meet is nearby, but that's really the only one I know of. I emailed him a list of clubs, so hopefully that gives some legitimacy to the idea of a collegiate powerlifting team. We should hear back sometime at the end of the quarter. There are two other potential clubs at the moment, but I'm not sure what that means.

Also, no-go on the idea of storing the PROWLAAAAA in the club sports gym. First we would have to wait until we were actually a club (next fall), and then we'd have to be under some sort of supervision strategy. I guess Crew is allowed to use it because they have a full-time coach who makes sure they don't kill themselves. Even storing it in there isn't possible. There's no way I can store that thing in my office, so I'm sort of stuck as to where we could put it at the moment.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

I know that the Cycling team also stores their crap in the club sports room. Ask him if storing it in the track & field's locker on Drake.

Also, if you are our coach, why can't we use the PROWLAAAA! under your supervision?

And if we do find a place to store it, we could lump the fat DBs in with it too.

Greg said...

If we are notified of our status at the end of this quarter, but don't become a club until fall, when do we get funding, be able to say we are an official club team for recruiting purposes, are able to store equipment, and other perks etc.

Juggernaut, the said...

@Kyle - I have no idea about me being able to supervise. I suspect we are opening ourselves up to a world of regulations the likes of which no mortal man can comprehend.

@Greg - I think we don't get anything until the fall once we're approved. I'll ask though. It would be nice to at least be able to wear our t-shirts around the gym...