Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Club Mission Statement Draft 1

I finally got around to drafting the club mission statement, which is the last of the requirements for us to be an official club team. I'm going to show a draft to one of the club sports guys this week to see if it has everything it needs to. I couldn't find the latest club application on their website, so I've mirrored the version I have here.

However, I could sure use some feed back on stuff people would like to see, or think is missing. This is basically 3 pages of just my thoughts, so having some actual team comments in it would make it that much better.

PS: does anyone have that USA Powerlifting issue where we're featured? If so, could I borrow it?

13 comments:

Kyle said...

Looks pretty sweet Coach. The only thing that I might do with that is condense the "Competetiveness" and the "Affiliation" sections. It seemed slightly redundant to write essentially the same paragraph twice.

Kyle said...

Oh, and who are the treasurer and saftey officer?

Juggernaut, the said...

Greg is the Safety Officer.
Vit is the Assistant Coach.

I forget who the treasurer was...

I agree about the Competitiveness and Affiliation sections. The application made it seem like we had to have both sections, so maybe I can just change the title and eliminate one of them.

Any thoughts on the "Mission Statement"? I have no idea how to write one of those.

Also, we need to include a picture of Moon Cat somehow.

Juggernaut, the said...

@Kyle Revised draft put online.

Kyle said...

Looks good Dave.

http://mentalfloss.cachefly.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/moon_cat_410.jpg

Kyle said...

In all seriousness though, we may want a moon bear as our mascot.

Pic:

http://judithgoh.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/moon-bear.jpg

Juggernaut, the said...

how is that bear related to the moon?

Vit said...

* Purpose and values of the organization
* Products, services, or market; or, who are the organization's primary "clients" (stakeholders)
* What are the responsibilities of the organization towards these "clients"
* What are the main objectives supporting the company in accomplishing its mission

That's what wikipedia has for the structure of a mission statement. I think the one you wrote works pretty well. Overall it looks pretty good.

Kyle said...

no idea, but it's a moon bear

Vit said...

Also is the word 'preminant' in the mission statement supposed to be 'preeminent'?

Nathan Beckmann said...

@Kyle GTFO with that weak ass moon bear shit.

Nathan Beckmann said...

@Dave OMG I lol'ed so hard at the last section.

Also, you can't spell or construct proper english sentences/paragraphs. Make sure you get an english major to go over this closely before turning it in. But it's really good in content.

Greg said...

President: Trey
Treasurer: Greg
Safety Officer: Kyle
Assistant Coach: Vit