Tuesday, August 18, 2009

squat Bench

Went in to squat, but the hamstring is still at 80%. I did 4 sets of light 14" box squats to get some blood in the area, but I'm going to avoid legs until it heals.

The plan is now to bench 3 times this week instead with reduced volume for all sessions.

Band-resisted Bench:
90lbs at the top

145 x 5
195 x 5
215 x 5
235 x 5, 3, 5, 5

Spotter took it after 3 reps on accident, did a set immediately after to finish.

Include Dumbbell:
80s x 10
95s x 9, 8, 6

Medium Grip Bench:
2" inside rings; or a thumb length from the center knurling

225 x 2
185 x 6, 4 sets

This hand position is much more awkward for me than close grip as I don't get any of the tendon stretch, but it's still a large range of motion.

Overall, felt rather burnt out today. I think being sick and cutting down has sapped my energy. Hopefully this week will bring it back up.

No comments: