Sunday, August 9, 2009

Nathan: 8/9 Cardio

1. 8/9/09 - Sun - CARDIO

Weight: 218 (morning), 217 (after gym, dehydrated?). Time: 0:30.

  This was a good workout. I came in extremely sore from Friday's squats. Maybe the monolift or good mornings messed me up? I haven't done good mornings in a while, but they are ridiculously light. I'm not sure. Point is, I left the gym feeling much better.

  Today was part of my plan to try more intense cardio. I felt really good today, so I think I'll keep this general idea going.

Cardio - bike 30 s high, 30 s low, 30 s high, 60 s low x 7, 600 s medium

I was on the bikes that have no timer or anything. I like these bikes a lot because they force me to focus on just pushing myself and not on some stupid display. But it does make it hard to time myself.

  I started with intervals. What my notation means is "thiry strokes at high difficulty, followed by thirty strokes at low difficulty, etc..." I was going to do this 5 times until Rene and Gordon walked past right as I was finishing, and I said fuck it and did a couple more. The sprint intervals took about 15 mins. (I know because of the announcer guy saying there were 15 mins left).

  Then I did 600s (going for ~10 mins) at a medium setting for a little steady-state cardio.

Stretching - adductor on leg press, hamstrings

Very abbreviated because Z was closing.


No comments: