Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Some sort of effort in benching things or at least pressing them away from me

Got the Vs. shoes today, so tried benching in those since a lot of people around here seem to. I liked it a lot, surprisingly. I get much more leg drive, so I will probably stick with this in the future.

2-board:
This seems to be my sticking point, so I decided to work it first and heavier. All reps paused.
315 x 3
335 x 3
355 x 3 (last one touch and go)

Felt good on these. Last one was a PR, but didn't have the strength to pause the final rep.

Bench:
1 second pause
225 x 10
245 x 8
255 x 7 + 1 fail

Did volume work for two reasons: to see how training the weak point would affect the entire press, and to focus on technique. One of the lifters made a comment that I need to tuck and flare the lats more, so I emphasized that today.

Standing Press:
135 x 5
165 x 5, 3 sets

Finished with cable triceps, heavier weight for 4 x 8

No comments: