Monday, August 3, 2009

DE Squat

Squat shoes showed up last week but the mail room got confused and returned them, which is irksome. No word on when they might come back.

Lower back hurt bad saturday night, so I played more ultimate on sunday to loosen it back up. Felt fine today. more poison = cure, right?

Chains were in use, so I went reverse bands.
Band-assisted Squat:
495 x 3
545 x 3
585 x 3, 4, 5

On the last weight, they kept yelling at me to open my hips up more. Apparently I needed to widen my stance 3" to really nail the hole. It felt pretty good and they say I was far more upright. I need to take videos to see how this looks. Weight felt easy.

Pause Squats:
Hadn't done these in 5 months, due to lower back pain, but they felt great today. With the new stance, I definitely felt my hamstrings and hips engage. I used a belt on these

305 x 2 @ 5 sec
325 x 2 @ 5 sec
365 x 2 @ 5 sec
385 x 2 @ 5, 6 sec

SS-bar Box Squats:
off 13" box
145 x 8
195 x 8
235 x 8
255 x 8

Finished with cable crunches.

2 comments:

Brent Tanaka said...

Damn Dave. That's some good squatting there. 650 at FitExpo 2010?!?

Juggernaut, the said...

I have to somehow catch up to Ed Kinsey and Bob Benedix. They are squatting machines. Things are feeling good at the moment, and with my new stance I'd say I'm in the low 6's right now. That's still a ways from where they're at though.