Thursday, August 20, 2009

Deadlift

Deadlift
warmup
355 x 3 (belted)
275 x 3, 3, 3, 3

Good mornings
95 x 8
115 x 6, 6, 6

Kneeling abs
80 x 15
95 x 10, 10, 10

Back raises
BW x 20

I'm in need of some advice. One of my goals has been to pull 400 by the end of the summer. I was thinking that I could max out in 2 weeks and try for 400, but since I'll probably be doing the meet on November 7th, I'm not sure if that would screw me up recovery-wise since that would be 4 weeks before the meet.

So my question is: Is it a bad idea to max out my deadlift a month before doing a meet? I could hold off on maxing out and wait until the meet, but I have been getting kind of anxious to get that 400 deadlift and would rather try it sooner than later.

4 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

Go for the max. Four weeks is plenty of time to recover, just don't deadlift heavy again before the meet. You'll want to test your squat a bench 2-3 weeks before the meet, so getting deadlift out of the way early with time to recover isn't a bad idea.

Vit said...

I just realized that it's November 7th not October 7th, so there's still plenty of time until the meet. Haha, my bad. I guess maxing in the next couple of weeks won't make a difference at all.

Juggernaut, the said...

Yeah definitely time to do the deadlift. Record a video of it if you can. I want to see you pull some big weight.

Kyle said...

Yeah buddy! Light weight!

Seriously though. My best conventional is 385 I think. You can definitely pull 400 before the meet without hitching.