Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Return of the Uppr Bck

Shrugs:
405 x 15, 18, 20, 22

I originally planned on going up, but getting the bar up felt odd on my hamstring, so I went for reps instead

Weighed Close-Grip Pull ups:
bw x 12
bw + 10 x 10

One guy laughed at me chaining 40lbs and suggested I just band myself to the ground, so I took him up on it. Used a blue band, which was probably close to 100 at the top, and maybe 40 at the bottom

bw + blue x 10, 8, 6 + 2

One Armed Rows:
Wanted to do dumbbell but the logistics were bad, used cable pulley instead
16, 18, 20 x 10 (not sure what the pin numbers are equivalent to in weight)

Incline Curls:
35, 35, 40, 45 x 8

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Dave, the banded pull-ups seem like an interesting idea. Could we jury rig these at Wooden?

Juggernaut, the said...

Yes. Grab the 95s and rope the band around your belt and under the dumbbell. We may need more weight, but it's definitely doable. It's gives a pretty good workout at the top too; I'm sore already from them.