Monday, August 3, 2009

8/3 Squat

Squat: 135x5, 5
165x5
185x5
225x3
245x1
255x5 PR
185x10, 10, 10

Seated Calf: 125x25, 20

Back Raise: 25x20, 15, 15

Sliding Ab Thingy: 25, 25 (hits the Transverse Abdominus pretty well and makes the back feel happy)

Its very nice to see that with the aid of my belt, my lower back is not holding back my squatting. the 255 is a new all time PR for 5, and I felt like I may have had another 2 reps in the tank. Good stuff.

Also, is anyone going to do the SoCal Regional Championships on November 7th? Got the email today and I was curious.

9 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

More importantly: did you notice that BRENT TANAKA was featured in the email as an example of a PREMIERE POWERLIFTER. hot damn.

Juggernaut, the said...

Also, if anyone's doing it, I'll be there to help coach/handle/taunt.

Kyle said...

I did see that. It was pretty awesome. I think I may do the meet in order to use my USAPL card once more before it expires in January. Probably do it Raw too.

Kyle said...

Perhaps some of the guys like greg and vit may want to do this meet as well? Could be a good 1st one.

Vit said...

I'd be down, though Dave said it would be better to do a push/pull as a first meet. Is this a full meet?

Kyle said...

Its full powerlifting, with the option of bench and deadlift single lifts. So yes, a push/pull would be a possibility. Do it!

Brent Tanaka said...

I'll be Assistant Coach and designated handoff guy since I have bigger biceps than Coach Dave.

Juggernaut, the said...

Vit: I would do this as a first meet. It's in town and should be a fun one. You've been training long enough that a push/pull would be a waste of a full meet, haha.

Vit said...

Alright, I'll do it. Is the meet on the 7th or 14th of November? On the USAPL website it says the SoCal regionals are on the 14th:

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/calendar.shtml

Could one of you guys forward me the email with all the info? varulmoli@ucla.edu