Saturday, August 8, 2009

Back from the dead

I have finally moved into my apartment in Ann Arbor. I was here for a week in a hotel with my parents and Ita getting things moved and checking out the city, so time was limited for everything. I Don't remember if I posted this, but I now HAVE A GYM. After being rejected by the football weightroom people, I was given the email address of the new director for stength and conditioning for Olympic sports. There are apparently several weightrooms here run by several different people, unlike at UCLA where there's Acosta and one secret track and field weight room at the top of Drake. So I emailed Mike (the head guy for Olympic sports) and he was really enthused about me lifting there. I met up with him on Tuesday (the 4th), we talked, and he gave me the tour. Unfortunately the bars in the weightroom are not Eleiko, they are the same bars as in Wooden, just not bent. But I can drop them and have free reign in that gym so I don't care. Also, Mike wants to get a weightlifting club started, so I'll be on the lookout for any aspiring weightlifters while I'm here.

I trained on Wednesday and Friday. Here they are:

8-5
Power snatch 77/3 x 4
Snatch 88/2 x 5 missed one in the second to last set
Sn. Pull 100.2 x 3
Jerk 92/3 x 2 105/2

My wrists and back were hurting during the entire workout (it took about 30 minutes for me to warm up) and everything felt terrible so I stopped here. Probably just due to the meet 2 weeks ago (that 197.5 deadlift tore my back up) and my wrists hurt more when I'm not consistent with training or take time off.


8-7

P. Cl. + Pu. J 92/2 x 4
C&J 92/2 105/2 x 5
Cl. Pull 105/4 x 2 120/4 x 2
Push J. + OHS 92/2 x 3
Back squat 115/4 135/4 x 3
Bench 70/3 85/3 95/3 x 2 95/4 x 4 accidentally did 95 on the middle sets, was supposed to do 90

This worked felt really good. I foam-rolled my back before and during the workout which helped it tremendously. It doesn't hurt/is not stiff now. The weights were light and I suspect I'll be good to go when I start back really training on Monday.

My parents left this afternoon, so I'm now in Ann Arbor all alone. I still have some unpacking of clothes to do and I need to get food to supplement the meat I've got. I want to get my nutrition in order now that I have 100% control of my food again.

1 comment:

Nathan Beckmann said...

Hell yeah Jake. Welcome back.