Monday, February 20, 2012

USPA West Coast Open 2/18/2012

Hey guys,

So I did my 3rd meet with Diablo Barbell on Saturday. This was my 3rd meet in 5 months. (Ted believes me and the other new guy should compete as much as often as we can). I was aiming high for a 1600 total but only got 1503.

Weight Class: 198
BW: 197

Squat
1st attempt - 573 - 2 Reds No Lift (You could see how loose I was at the bottom, too much time between last warm-up and first attempt)



2nd attempt - 573 - 3 Whites (got xtra low)




3rd attempt - 600 - No lift; I was coming up nicely out of the hole but couldn't lock it out. This pissed me off bc I hit 595 in the gym without knee wraps. Oh well...



Here's 595 in the gym with no knee wraps:



Bench
1st attempt - 363 - 3 Whites
2nd attempt - 385 - 3 Reds; butt came off
3rd attempt - 385 - 3 Whites; butt stayed on :)

Deadlift (conventional)
1st attempt - 545 - 3 Whites
2nd attempt - 562 - 3 reds; Couldn't lock it
3rd attempt - Ted pulled me off the platform bc I almost passed out from my 2nd attempt. Didn't take my 3rd.

Total: 1503 (previous meet in Dec was 1432). Vids to come

Congrats to those going to Nationals and to those that hit new PRs! Hope you guys are doing well!

8 comments:

Luke said...

nice squat and bench numbers. What can you hit raw now?

btw your CA junior 181 deadlift record was broken

Vit said...

Great work Mis!!.....Raw?

Luke said...

how did you place? what is competition like for your federation?

Misael said...

Luke: Ha! I was the only single-ply 198 there. I got the gold medal which was later stolen. I helped clean up afterwards and when I went back for it it was gone. What did that 181 pull?

Vit: What is RAW????????

Misael said...

Also, I benched 275 about a month and a half ago RAW. I've only maxed out twice on RAW bench since I got there. I have no idea how much I can squat anymore :( that's what you get when you train at a place like Diablo...where I'm now the only guy that doesn't do multi-ply.

Juggernaut, the said...

Nice work Mis! I was waiting for your post all weekend. What do you think changed between your gym lifts and the meet lifts? Did you have to cut much weight, and if so, how did you lose it? Any video of you almost passing out at the meet? I'm surprised your deadlift is so low.

Greg said...

Mis, nice response to Vit.

Misael said...

Thank Dave! I was walking around at 202 so I cut down to 197 by not eating drinking anything after 3:30 the day before (I had a 24 hr weigh in for this one). Then I ate my way up to 207. Part of what threw me off was how long it took to get my 1st attempt in. I hit 545 as my last warm up on squat and then didn't get to my 1st attempt for about 25 min. My body cooled down significantly. There were a ton of pauses and hold ups throughout the entire meet. I have no idea why. No video of me passing out though nor bench vids. 385 came up easy though.