Friday, February 3, 2012

Luke 2-2-12 Squat

really shitty day in terms of personal problems

Suited Squat
405 x 1 @ 8
435 x 1 @ 9+
465 x 1 @ 10 PR of 2 pounds. I actually stopped on this rep, sunk a little, then finished the lift so it was a red light lift, but it wasn't too heavy. this was the first rep I did with knees wrapped. I need to wrap earlier. Ryan's wraps were too tight to be the first wrapping of the day. If I had a better feel of the wraps I might have been able to go down faster and just pop right up. I used the higher rack for this set so I wouldn't have to bend down as much to start, but I needed help unracking, which threw off my setup. I hurt my calf on this rep.

Band Lightened Squat greens from top
455 x 3 oww

banded Hypers

Transversus

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I recall asking you what kind of wrap you wanted, and you telling me you wanted an A+ wrap

Juggernaut, the said...

I think the main issue was that it wasn't a good idea to start with an A+ since the wrap tension changes how you perceive your decent speed. It's essential to use wraps in warm up so you can mentally adjust to the resistance and feel of the wrap.