Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Slowest Squat Award

Squat
515 x 1
540 x 1
560 x 1 (+5 PR)

(just skip to 1:35 and get ready to wait)


I was feeling pretty beat up from 2 hours of GPP on saturday followed immediately by 2 hours of ultimate frisbee, so I wasn't sure if my legs would hold up for today's squat singles. The lower back felt great from the extra recovery, so I just rolled with it. Clearly, the speed was down, but I was still able to grind up the weight for a 10 second squat, hahaha. I feel good about what I could hit rested now too.

Afterwards, we did some sets of core work with this:



Definitely the best oblique and anti-rotation movement, I've ever tried.

4 comments:

Greg said...

haha that was longer than I remember

Misael said...

Good stuff Dave! Was the bar off center on your back?

Juggernaut, the said...

Nope, I just keep leaning to the left. I think it's a CNS issue more than a muscular weakness. I don't even feeling it happening until the very top, so who knows. I'm back in physical therapy, so hopefully that will help straighten things out.

Ben said...

BEAST LIFT DAVE!!! WAY TO STICK WITH IT TOO!! NICE!!