Wednesday, July 25, 2012

USPA Nationals Write Up (6-29-12)

Hi everyone, I never posted a write-up for my performance at USPA Nationals.  I cut about 8-10 lbs to make 198s and had some issues with hydrating after weighing in and during the meet.  Because of this I started cramping really badly going into deadlifts, during deadlifts, and after the meet.  Squats went well, the rest of the meet not so much.

Squat
507 - good lift
523 - no lift (failed midway up)
523 - good lift

Bench
325 - good lift
341 - no lift
341 - no lift (failed at the very top)

Dead
529 - good lift
551 - no lift (failed just shy of lockout)
551 - no lift (same)

Total:  1377 (5lb PR)

I'll be doing a deadlift only meet in Norwalk in a couple of weeks on August 11th.  Hoping to actually get a decent deadlift in to kind of redeem myself from nationals.

2 comments:

Misael said...

Way to come back for that 523, Vit! You still pulling sumo?

Vit said...

Yes sir, I'm doing a deadlift only meet on August 11th, I'll post my results here to let you and Luke know how it goes haha.