Monday, April 16, 2012

Luke 4-14-12 USAPL Collegiate Nationals 2012

USAPL Collegiate Nationals 2012, Baton Rouge

I did not have a very good start to this meet. I got sick with cholera (not really) and threw up the night before lifting, stayed up until 2 coughing, woke up at 6:40 and weighed in light at 158 pounds. I had a bad cough the whole trip and almost threw up again between 225 and 315 when warming up for squats. Considering this, I did pretty well.

Squat
207.5 kg (457 lbs) 2 whites. 1 red for depth. easy
217.5 kg (480 lbs) 2 whites. 1 red for depth. 16 pound meet PR. This one felt pretty hard and I only would have gone up 5 kilos, but I decided to go for 500 since I already had a big lead
227.5 kg (501 lbs) 3 reds. Failed just out of the hole. I blame the cholera.

Bench
95 kg (210 lbs) 3 whites. easy
105 kg (231 lbs) whites. pretty easy. 5 pound meet PR.
110 kg (243 lbs) 3 reds. almost had it, but failed in the transition to lockout

Deadlift
195 kg (430 lbs) 3 reds. went up super fast, but I fell forward and dropped it at the top.
202.5 kg (446 lbs) 3 whites. easy. I wanted to repeat my first because I was scared, but Mis made me move up because it was so easy
217.5 kg (480 lbs) 3 whites. easy. 28 pound meet PR. Had 10+ pounds in me.

Total: 540 kg (1190 lbs) 49 pound meet PR

Pretty good meet. I definitely had more in me, but the judging was very strict and I was not feeling near my best. I hit a triple body weight squat and deadlift. Thank you everyone that helped, especially my teammates for cranking my wraps, helping me warm up, and bringing me tums and other requests, Misael for submitting my attempts and helping in general, and Dave for handling my gear, coaching, and eating my tasty cakes.

3 comments:

Vit said...

Nice work on the PRs Luke. Especially considering the circumstances. Was it something you ate the night before?

Luke said...

I ate a lot of weird fried food the first night. I didn't have much appetite the whole trip because I was feeling sick.

Vit said...

That 430 did come up fast, but the video looks like you got angry for some reason and decided to purposely drop it lol